Tuesday, November 22, 2011

NO KIDDING I'M KNITTING!!!

I'm so happy I'm learning how to knit!!!   I actually taught myself a couple of years back but became very busy with other less challenging,  more familiar & comfortable activities. Plus I am slightly embarrassed to admit that I found knitting a lot little intimidating.  Mainly because it involves 2 instruments [needles] whereas I am used to working with one [hook].  Sounds kinda funny as I am reading that statement back to myself.  Sometimes I am my own worse enemy...who refers to knitting needles as 'instruments'? No wonder I found them to be intimidating!  Sheesh! lol

 This year though I've made it a point to step outside of my comfort zone as much as possible.  A silent personal pledge, if you will, to learn something new & interesting even and especially when that somthing may seem next to impossible.....something I find difficult.  So within this past year I have  improved upon my photography skills & concentrated on aspects that literally frightened me to even attempt.  Boy, is that silly or what?!!!   :] Now that I know...I fully realize I was  allowing fear to interrupt my fun. I have self sabotaged my entire life. I am committed to breaking this nasty habit once and for all! 
I also decided it was time to perfect my knitting skills mainly because knitting scared the heck out of me!! Why?  I dunno...I'm just a chicken shit sometimes. 

Allow me the pleasure of proudly displaying my first ever [more than 2 rows] knitting thingie. I know it doesn't look like much right now.... I don't even know what it is..or where I'm going with it....but I can proudly say quite definitely  it is a beautiful thing... I am in LOVE.  Yes in love with what I have accomplished over the past few months, in love with facing my fears & rocking it, in love with my life, in total love with living...as well as in love with this little knitted thingie:

This has me feeling almost confident enough to learn some complicated math equations.....ok now that is just  being truly  redunkulous! haha 

An additional plus is that  I feel as though all the cash spent on the lovely knitting books I've purchased over the years is somewhat justified.  As many of you already know...I am very passionate about yarn, textures, patterns and rich colors.  I can not get enough & if there is something to purchase that has an image of it's beauty...you know I can not resist. If yarn were a food, I'd be obese.    I'm unstoppable!  There is just something sexy & intriguing about an intricately woven wool or gorgeous cashmere that has me visually caressing it & unable to look away.  I love to surround myself with as much beauty as possible.  It just so happens Yarn is my drug of choice, it's what excites me and turns me on.  Is that even [normal]?  Furthermore, Is it strange that I do no have a problem admitting this to the entire world?  OK well obviously that is a slight exaggeration...as I am almost certain the entire world most certainly does not stop in to read my blog.....YET.  :]

So although I may have my fears and perhaps my fears may be further along on the fear spectrum than most,  I am proud of the fact that I have worked very hard to overcome some of them and push myself outside of my comfort zone.  I thank God that I've been able to  continually strive to improve upon my God given talents.  I may have dropped a few stitches along the way & my life is far from perfect....but I realize today, more than ever that I can do whatever it is I set out to.  I can accomplish whatever my heart desires & God has abundantly blessed me with so much & I feel grateful and in debt to do the most with what I have while I'm still here to enjoy. 

Stay tuned for knitting updates because I have sneaking suspicion this will not be the last you hear the word KNIT coming from this happy chick. :]

Peace and Love,

K ♥




30 Days of Giving Thanks: [catch up post]
Day 21 
I am thankful that among MANY other fantastic positive aspects to quitting smoking ~ My hair no longer smells like a dirty ashtray.  :]  10 months and counting baby!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some lurve :]