Monday, November 21, 2011

I [[AM][ I] ] A Photographer [?]

I am a photographer... because I enjoy taking pictures.  It's that simple.  No other explanation is necessary.
 I have a passion for Street Photography. Something about capturing  life as it happens~♥.  Men at work in central Cairo City. Shot in Cairo, Egypt. Summer 2011 All Rights Reserved.

I dislike when others attempt to find reasons to tear that simplicity apart by believing that one person is less of an artist because he/she may not know or care to follow all the written rules and regulations in regard the their interpretation.  I find these opinions rather ridiculous as art is in fact a personal interpretation & execution.  Just because not everyone 'gets' it or appreciates, doesn't mean it is not a worthy piece of art.  I am an artist because I enjoy creating things that make me feel good. Perhaps my simple explanation & relaxed criteria does not fit what others would view as prerequisite.  In my eyes it is enough & more than that, it is more than enough. 

Street Sweeper. Cairo, Egypt. 2011 all rights reserved


I have been asked on several occasions at which point in my life did I realize or consider myself a Photographer or an Artist.  My answer to that is, the day my Mother handed me her old Brownie Box camera that had been handed down to her by her mother [My Gramma R.].
As I held my new [love] treasure  in my hands, studied all the 'mechanics', figured it out....tirelessly posed & shot my victims  friends, chased, tortured & eventually shot  family members to capture that 'perfect' moment & then did that exact same thing over again...and again [to the point of irritation &  threats of bodily harm if I did not stop] :]  .......  knelt down on my hands and knees in the grass to take pictures of bugs, sticks and leaves, held my breath & shushed everyone around me to grab a shot of something that only I & my wonderfully wild imagination could see,  the moments I  envisioned the outcome of such acts with a somewhat naive, yet joyful anticipation & hopefulness,  waited patiently with bated breath, for treasured film to be developed, became intrigued by the process & wanted to learn more...and more....and more, asked questions and sought answers & never stopped asking, marveled over the result of my efforts.

Me. The Young Photographer/Artist. By the age of 12  I was crocheting & snapping photos passionately~ I pretty much knew what I wanted to do at this point in my life.  Took a while to find the right road...but I am headed down that path today & could not be happier.

My Brownie & framed photos are one of the first treasured possessions unpacked during a move into a new place 2010.  I will treasure this gift for all of my life.

That exact split sec when all the stars in the universe aligned perfectly  & life is  full of excitement.....

That very first second I held my first photograph in my hands and my eyes canvased critically & my heart leapt  with a satisfaction I had never know before....
 ....At the exact moments when all of the events took place...... at the ripe ole age of 8.
That's when I knew.
That's when I believed.
That's when I became.
Cairo, Egypt Street Shot 2011 all rights reserved

I have never stopped growing, learning, reaching, striving, breathing, living my dream.....staying in the moment & anticipating the next, every glorious, wonderful., earth shattering moment.  For as long as I have breath in my lungs &  the ability to hold  a camera, paint brush, crayon, crochet hook, knitting needles & have the energy to continually bug the heck out of all my family members and friends~  I will continue to 'make it happen'  & make it happen my own quirky, wonderful way because I truly am an Artist.....better yet.....

I am ME

'Determination'   Cairo, Egypt 2011 all rights reserved
"Compassion" Cairo, Egypt. Street Shot 2011 Total last minute 'surprise' shot~ was not even sure if I succeeded in capturing the feeling....Thank God I did.  I love this shot....it makes me smile.

"Niquabi" Cairo, Egypt 2011  This shot represents 'FREEDOM ♥ PEACE ♥ CONFIDENCE♥UNWAVERING BELIEF♥INDIVIDUALITY' That is my own personal interpretation. 

Cairo Street Vendor.  'Many Hats' What an awesome guy!  This man has a spring in his step like you would not believe!! Makes me smile just looking at this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some lurve :]