Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Crochet Blog: The Truth About [Dickies]

Hello there my crafty friends!  I am on a roll lately ...[not to jinx myself]  but I've actually found a few minutes each day these past few days  to blog a little.  It feels good to flex my fast-n- furious fingers across my keyboard and share stuff with you...~I hope I can continue to grace you with my blogging presence  :]

Today, I want to share with you a little something that I whipped up last night after completing a project VEST for one of my adorable littler clients.  I've been meaning to....wanting to...and committed to either create a pattern of my own, or worse case scenario, look around online for a freebie pattern for a neck warmer.  I've wanted one for a few years now but have not had much time to think about myself lately.  Last night I decided it was time to take a little me-time break from all the chaos and distractions & crochet something for me. 
The VEST from my OFF THE HOOK DESIGN COLLECTION by KEKE.  Lovingly designed and crocheted for a very adorable 4 year old cutie patoodie pie.  Hopefully I can grab some shots of him wearing this....however, no promises because he is not the most cooperative child to shoot. hahahahaa


I have to tell you though...after an entire day of crocheting, post production edits, photo sessions, tweaking my knitting skillz followed by more crochet projects with deadlines drawing ever so near....I was POOPED.  There I've  said it...POOPED! :]  It was well after midnight & I am certain my brain wave activity was nearing a flat line at that point,  I decided to begin a little Google search and see what fun I could come up with.  I typed in "FREE CROCHET NECK WARMER PATTERNS" which brought me to a bunch of free crochet patterns that did not interest me in the least.  While most of them were pretty decent patterns & some were actually very beautiful....none were what I was looking for. .  I know what I was attempting to find was not called a 'neck warmer' or 'cowl' at all...but rather a 'D-D-D-D-Dickie' [UGGGGH!]  I despise that word so much that I could not bring myself to type it in my Google search in order to find exactly what I was looking for. lol  But seriously...who likes that word?  Anyone? 

I eventually  referred to a fellow crafter/photog/crochet/knitter & all around great person, Lisa's  blog  over at OH MY GOODKNITS  [I LOVE HER STUFF].  Anywhooo I headed to her site because she offers some pretty amazing FREE crochet & knitting patterns & I vaguely remember seeing s few 'neck warmer' patterns posted up on her blog.  I actually found an awesome pattern called A MANLY COWL that I thought I would try using my extra yarn...however,  that did not exactly work out very well.  The pattern itself is excellent & I fully intend to try it using a different yarn~but not for my particular yarn choice.  
& so while inspired immensely by Lisa's outstanding work.....I was forced to come up with my very own pattern...no matter how tired I felt.  I went ahead and came up with this:
KEKE COWL by OTHD TM.
Which I totally LOVE!  It looks great...feels fantastically warm and fits perfectly.  I will eventually post up a picture of me wearing this....but not until I've pulled myself together and put on something other than sweat pants and flip flops. hahahaha.  Yeah I'm a flipping mess on the outside...but there is a method to my madness!  :]   It's called accomplishment.  :] 

I intend to create an actual 'NECK WARMER' in the very near future.  I am headed back to New England next month to spend the Holidays with my family & I know I will need more than one of these bad boys!  I have a few pretty amazing ideas in my head..right there on the surface ready to be utilized......I will share them with you as soon as I have the time to actually create them.

I close this post with Day 9 of my 30 Days of Giving Thanks:

Day 9. I am Thankful to have another beautiful day to spread a little happiness....or create chaos...whichever suits my mood. ♥

 Tune in tomorrow for my 30 Days of Giving Thanks Day 10 update & maybe I'll throw in a few fabulous pictures :].

Peace and Love,
K.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some lurve :]