Wednesday, August 24, 2011

[Expose] Yourself Project/Exposing What Influences Me

Day 2. Of my [Exposure]  therapy. :]

I AM INFLUENCED BY......My Faith ♥


& so the above is my finished project.  I did not feel a need to elaborate as my image sets the mood & is pretty self explanatory. (I happen to love the colors and dof...just sayin) :]


It's difficult putting myself out there for all the world to see (of course I am aware of the fact that the entire world literally has not viewed my art as of yet~but I hold onto the hope that one day......♥) ... But the point is.....I put myself out there nonetheless, [Exposed] & vulnerable to the public & lots of people who do not know me personally (nor I them) & can only decide who I am through what I relay to the world via my photos & written (or in this case typed) words. We all wish to set a good example to others.  No one wants to be viewed as strange or unapproachable.  Everyone wants to be liked (no matter what anyone says to the contrary...."I don't care what anyone thinks...blah blah blah")......  The fact of the matter is, we all care on some level.  We all wish to be accepted if not loved by others. 
 (My beautiful Holy Quran♥}
While there are clear differences, I've noticed there are also commonalities within the entries into yesterday's project. I was not the only participant who chose God as my Influence.  Others also posted images that portray how they are influenced by their own individual & diverse religious faiths & love for God.   Isn't it fantastic that we can also share in our love and passion for our individual and diverse Artistic Outlets.  It's a shame that we can not all look at our religious differences in the same way.  There is beauty in what we share in common.....and probably more so in our differences.
I am happy I was able to share something that means so much to me.  It took courage for me to do so because I am not blind to the fact that not everyone is as accepting as I in these delicate matters.   It is my hope that I have influenced others in a positive way. 

My faith in God~My Religion~My Love~ My Life .........can not be touched or judged by any human being. God is my strength & my faith I can not be swayed by words or actions of others.  My belief is routed deep within my heart, is strong in my mind & what makes up my soul..   My faith in my God  is who I am and everything I am about.  It is what influences my life & me in every way....every minute of every day. 


A sunset is confirmation of God's greatness.....it is the ultimate definition of beauty.

So I close this entry with a couple of images  I shot (In Egypt)  over the last few nights.   It doesn't matter how many sunsets I capture (and I capture many~refer to my fb page SHAMELESS FB PLUG for confirmation ) ~each one is unique in its own beautiful way... although there are clear differences, as with each of us~ a sunset has in common the  ability to make me pause for a moment ..hold my breath without thinking..  and reach for my camera to document and share its awesomeness with the world,




Peace & Love, K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some lurve :]