Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Crochet Blog: Flower Embellishments

Over the course of a few months I've had the pleasure of creating several different  sweater styles to add to my   OFF THE HOOK DESIGNS Collections by KeKe TM Shop.  I will not fib and say that it has been an easy task, on the contrary I have found it to be a very challanging edevour~ but one that I've thouroughly enjoyed and have learned a great deal in the process.  So it's all good  :]

One of these days I will most certainly jot down a comprehensive pattern guide to one of my sweater designs.  I promise that will eventually happen.  However, because I tend to chicken scratch my ideas as I go~& then much of the time I, myself have a hard time disiphering my own inventive shorthand,  I will have to seriously sit down with my hooks and yarn and recreate some of my work so that I'm sure what is passsed along to you, is accurate.  I will also enlist the help of a few testers to crochet along for additional reinforcement.  If you are interested in helping me on future projects please drop me a line here with an email address to contact you~ & I will consider recruiting you  :]

I am happy to announce that as of today I am in a position  to share with you a couple of my flower designs that I've come up with as garment embellishments.   These can also be used to create some pretty amazing headbands or hair ties...the possibilities are endless.  [I LURVE TO CREATE]    Both patterns are quick and easy~& I love the results.  I hope my destructions  erm,   Instructions are clear & consise.  Let me know if you run into any  inaccuracies, errors or complications within these two  [or any future] patterns.  If you would like to share your creations with me...please feel free to link me to an image.  :] 

ENJOY! 

Love, K.

 Pattern 1:  Fafoo's Flower:

freshly crocheted~I've been a little busy lately and literally have not had time to snap a shot of the final version of these flowers...but will when I have a minute to breath. Til then, you get the idea. 


I created these adorable little crocheted flowers to match a sweater [which I'll post up soon]   that I created for a client's adorable 5 year old daughter.  :]~ using cotton thread & a size 0 steel crochet hook.
However, you can use whatever kind of yarn you would like & match it with the correct sized hook for your yarn weight.  Throw all the rules out the window for this one.  Use your imagination :]

Keep in mind I use American Crochet Terms which can easily be translated into familiar terms that suit your own crochet style.

Abbreviations:
sc = single crochet
ch= chain
sl st= slip stitch
hdc= half double crochet
dbl cr= double crochet


Here Goes:

Ch 2
8 sc in the 2nd chain from hook. [8 sc]
2 sc in each sc around [16 sc]
Ch 5, sc in 3rd sc around. [6-chain 5 spaces]
***Change color of yarn to continue:
Sl St into a ch 5 space, *sc, hdc, 3 dbl cr, hdc, sc, slip* in same space
repeat pattern from * through* around.
sl st to end row. Fasten off
Weave in tails~block~Attach~Enjoy ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~

Pattern 2:  KeKe's Double 5-Petal Flower Pattern:




I used this beautiful mohair flower to adorn a pretty sweater that I created for another client's daughter, who also just happens to be 5years old.  :] 

Abbreviations:
sc = single crochet
ch= chain
sl st= slip stitch

dbl cr= double crochet
3dbl = 3 double crochet

1. ch3.  join to first ch  form a ring
2. 10 sc in center of ring you just created. [10 sc]
3.  sl st to top of first sc.
4. *sc, 3dc, sc in each, sl in next sc*; around
5. sl st to join with first sc of first petal.

working behind the petals of the first row now:

6. Ch 3 and slip stitch behind petals around, sl st to beginning ch3 [5-ch 3 spaces]
sl into first ch3 sp
7, sc, 5dc, sc in each ch-3 space around.
join with sl st to first petal




Embellish center with a button or small piece of material, yarn or whatever suits your mood :]

****Note: While I've crocheted 2 rows for this particular flower, you can quite easily crochet a third and perhaps a forth row by crocheting larger rows for each.  EX. 3rd ROW: sc, dcr, 3 trb, dcr, sc around
and so on.  Crocheting is not as complicated as some would think......with a little imagination and planning~ you can created just about anything your heart desires.  Don't be afraid to improvise and come up with your own something special.  


Peace and Love,
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some lurve :]