Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's September...You know what that means?.....

....To me...September means, in part rich, thick, cushion-y  cottons and wools


This summer I had the chance to visit a cozy historic section of central Cairo, Egypt. & happened by an adorable tiny yarn shop nestled in one of the rows upon rows of other shops within this district of historic buildings. It's very likely I would have just walked right on by if it were not for this beautiful lush chocolate brown goodness beckoning me from the shop window display.  It caught my eye and I immediately fell in love and so ventured in to purchase a few lovely skeins.


There was a definite feeling of contentment and joy in my heart for the rest of that day....that lasted  until.....well until now actually.  I am a lover of all things yarn. I love the wonderful textures & rich colors, the look and feel of it.
A good skein of cotton, wool, mohair or blended yarn can make my day....week.....month and year even!  & that is not an exaggeration.  Even if said yarn is never hooked into anything useful at all....even if the rich beautiful skeins stay tucked away in my yarn basket forever....just the knowledge  that I am in possession of such a beautiful thing is what makes my heart skip a beat & leap with joy.  I am sure to most of you, I sound like a crazy loon.  but to some of you...the percentage of you who just happen to be fellow lovers of all things yarn will understand this feeling completely.  :]  "Hi. My name is Karen and I am a Yarn Hoarder" :]

Image shot to use as a Photoshop brush as part of  my new crochet side of my photography business named 'OFF THE HOOK DESIGNS by KEKE' TM  (copyright)
*Instructions on making your own brushes will be published sometime within the next week or so



My Newly Created OFF THE HOOK DESIGNS Logo.  ♥ I'm kinda digging this....a lot!

I've held onto my treasure contemplating the possibilities of creations worthy of such a beautiful find. Over the warm summer months my lovely  luxurious bundle of joy was never far from my mind  or fingertips & in fact on several occasions I did indeed attempt to begin a little creation only later to change my mind and unravel the stitches made. 


That is until September rolled around. There is something about the change of seasons that causes a chemical reaction within my creative brain cells and makes me want to make everything warm and cozy...and I mean everything. I love fall and the cool weather that follows.  I love replacing my summer wardrobe with the warmer fabrics & colors of fall.  I love wool sweaters, warm boots and cozy adorable hats & scarves.  Fall is sunflowers bathing in the last glimmering rays of the sun,  Fall is freshly baked cinnamon rolls covered with a blanket of creamy icing,  warm apple pie and hot apple cider. Fall is fresh homemade curly fries smothered with ketchup and vinegar (a tasty  New England treat)  Hay rides and pumpkins.

'Sunbathing' 2010

shot in RI 2010


My Grand Children's Halloween Pumpkins 2010


Schartner Farm. RI


 And of course Fall also means new beginnings....&  beginnings of lots and lots of crocheted projects....worked on throughout the winter months and hopefully, eventually completed to be given away as gifts or sold in the quaint little yarn shop in central Cairo or simply kept for myself to enjoy.  Fall to me is FABULOUS YARN and lots of it. :]


I whipped up this cute little cotton doily for one of my favorite clients 2011.
I bet your are wondering just what I decided to create with my rich chocolate brown treasure?
You know what they say?....'A picture is worth a thousand words' ~here are three more:]

TADA!


A little bit of rich Chocolate goodness ♥ One down...several more to go.

& just for fun :]  I actually did not have a human model available...so improvised with my reading glasses &  the remaining ball of lurve. :]

***Stay tuned for some cool tips on creating your very own Photoshop Brushes.  Peace and Lurve. K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some lurve :]