Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 9. [Expose][ing] My Alter Ego [or not]

Finished Project
I am today what I always dreamed I would be, but never knew I wanted.

I have made a choice in my life to be modest. This doesn't mean that I hide under a rock and never allow others to see or hear from me. On the contrary. My modesty has allowed me to show to the world the person I really am. My true Alter Ego is the person that used to be; a model with no direction. A shy girl trying to be something that she is not. The girl attempting to be what everyone wanted her to be and nothing that she truly is. The girl who truly believed that her beauty was only skin deep but longed for something more & had no idea how to achieve it.. That lonely girl who never felt beautiful a day in her life.
Me Today. 2011

My Alter Ego no longer exists because I have found something much bigger, better and much more beautiful to fill that lonely place in my heart.
Just because my body is covered doesn't mean I cover who I am....Covering my physical beauty allows others to see the absolute  true beauty of my being

Hiding my skin doesn't make me less of a Person, Artist, Wife, Mother, Woman, or human being... It doesn't make me less beautiful or less worthy.
Covering up and leaving lots to the imagination has indeed made me a better person...a brighter personality
a better artist
a better everything
because it allows others to look past the physical beauty and [imperfections]
and know the person I truly am.
My Hubs and I in the Cairo Mall.  2011
'Between two Models'

My modesty has forced me to open up & allow others to know my heart, my true nature & the awesome person I always have been but never knew.

Today I know I am beautiful. I do not need anyone to tell me I am. :] ♥K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some lurve :]