Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 4. [Expose] My Biggest Mistake

"The biggest mistake one can make in life is continually fearing you will make one."-E.H.

While certainly I have made lots of mistakes in my life I have few regretsI could have gone with something a little more profound....but I decided to share my experience with addiction in the hopes that others can learn something from one of the biggest mistakes in my life.

My finished project:  
 Photo Props: Nikon cam belongs to the hubs, the little pouch in the back with the yellow flower is a little crocheted ipod pouch I  designed and created for myself & due to popular demand I am now creating these little gems for others. They will be posted on my Etsy very soon. (Etsy is under construction).  Flowers were picked by my sweetheart while out walking (He's so cute), Yarn and crochet needles saved me during the long aggravating hours of withdrawals :]
My Biggest Mistake:

That I ever started smoking....at the age of 11! (I know it's as bad as it sounds)..which is why it truly is the biggest mistake of my life.
I became so addicted I was unable to quit no matter how many attempts I made or how educated I became on the detrimental affects smoking has on a persons health.  I was hooked. Addicted. Nothing was going to change that....nothing .....except me.

Seven months ago, I came to the realization that I adore my loved ones, cherish my life and wish to be here to enjoy my relationships for as long as possible. I know my life is worth the effort & the benefits certainly outweigh any pain and aggravation it takes to quit. I decided it was time for me to quit for good..... & So....I threw away my smoking paraphernalia....literally locked myself in my room with my crochet, camera, pen & paper and quit cold turkey. (mostly to save others from my wrath...I was not a people person during my withdrawals ). :/

So today I can proudly say I am a NON-SMOKER & truly mean it. I am a runner now when before I had trouble breathing making up a flight of stairs...I work out 5 days a week & I can breath while doing it!!! Woot!
*Photo borrowed from tumblr. ~I am not a big fan of posting work other than my own~but I like this....a lot! :]
I am still an addict...however I am now addicted to the good things in my life...
My family..
friends....
fresh air
nature
stopping to smell the roses...and actually being able to SMELL them
cooking & relishing in the explosion of flavors on my pallet
photography
crochet
painting
reading
writing

All the things that make me happy & nothing that doesn't contribute something positive to my life. My biggest mistake ended up to be my biggest challenge as well as my biggest accomplishment and one of the biggest things I am most proud of ♥

Love, K.
 A few of my current projects that are part of my  KEKE CREATIONS collection. :]
An unfinished flower purse.  It's gonna be beautiful when complete. 
 Beginnings of two lovely matching doilies created for a client 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some lurve :]