Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 6. [Expose] My Favorite Fairytale

Today's project should have been called 'EXPOSING THE FACT THAT I DO NOT REALLY CARE FOR FAIRYTALES' 

This project was a bit challenging for me for a number of reasons.

  • Firstly, I have never been the fairytale type (please don't hate me..lol) I never really cared for them as a child and less as an adult.
  • 2. My art supply is lacking to say the least & literally contains one pencil for which the eraser on the end is non existent and one pen that keeps running out of ink.(the third writing tool in the image is just a photo prop people) hahaha
  • & C. I am still away from my home and so access to anything fairytale or otherwise is slim to none at the moment.
Short of opting out of todays challenge I chose to remain true to myself by whipping up a little something from scratch by utilizing  my awesome sketching skillz and vivid imagination. I have always (and still do) appreciated the one and only Dr. Seuss! My favorite of which is 'Oh the Places You'll Go.'~It's a simple little rhyme packed full of meaning & humor the way much of his work is. I grew up on the Doc as did my children & now Grandchildren. ♥
Peace. K. :]

Breaking it down.... :]
This just happens to be my VERY favorite book by the Dr.  It holds a lot of meaning for me as it was presented as a gift to me by a very supportive person in my life wayyyyyyyyyy back in the day.  The first time ever reading this particular piece of fabulous art was when I was in my 20's and facing some very challenging days.  Reading this book was a turning point for me that brought me out of a very dark place and into the light where I was then better able to cope with tragedies I faced during those tough years.  I'll save all of that for another post on another day because this post is reserved for my fairytale theme....or lack thereof. :]

 So here is what I came up with for todays challenge. It was a challenge just finding a pencil, believe that! ...so please be kind if you should happen to comment (hint hint) on this post today.    I used to enjoy drawing and actually have not done so in years. I should more often...and probably will....if I don't lose my pencil that is.  My son, who is an art major and a true artist  will be proud of me for doing this today.  My son, Joe...He's a great kid...I will post a blog about him another day as well.  I can not move on from here without at least letting you know that he is AWESOME!! (in every way) ♥
(No chuckling of any kind will be tolerated) :]  I whipped this little diddy up because I needed something more to fill the empty side of my story board in order to post my entry on the [Expose] Yourself's FB Wall. 
At this point my pencil was wearing pretty far down and I could not locate the one and only sharpener I own at the moment.  Probably a good thing as I really need the sharpener for my eyeliner pencil...I think I would be kicking myself had I actually found and used it on a lead pencil.  So I was stuck sketching this with a dull pencil.  I don't know about anyone else, but I have a thing about writing tools....I have favorite pens that I like to use and Im a little partial to some pencils as well.  All of which just happen to be at home....where I am not.  So I made due. 
I was thinking about just downloading a page with some of the story on it to include with my wonderful artwork..but that would have been just plain lazy of me.  So I used my one nearly ink-less pen to write and then shoot a few lines from my book of choice.  I have arm pain from shaking the ink to the bottom of the pen  to complete this...which is why you may notice my handwriting is not the greatest here.  Hey....No Im not making excuses! Sheesh! :]

MY FINISHED PROJECT:
So yeah...that's pretty much it.  This project by far was the most challenging for me....just because of the circumstances I find myself in at this moment in time.  But I LOVE a good challenge and I LOVE being creative and being able to whip something up in the face of difficult circumstances.
Something FRESH and DELISH.... 
That's what's cooking in KeKe's Kitchen!

♥K

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing and never fail to make me laugh!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Regina! I'm glad you are enjoying :] ♥

    ReplyDelete

Leave some lurve :]